NFL Week One – Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins

The Washington Redskins start the new season with a ‘must-win-game’ Sunday night against the Dallas Cowboys.  With all the hype and hoopla that surrounded this team during the off season and all the high expectations placed on the new arrivals; a loss will immediately place devastation and panic in the hearts of many Redskins fans.  …Not that devastation is unfamiliar to us…but it hurts each and every time just the same.
We Redskins fans have been constantly strung along; similar to what CRACK does to addicts.  The organization (crack) makes us fans feel sooo good with the possibility of HOPE.  You cannot  get a legal & safe HIGH greater than HOPE.  With each good off season action (puff and drag), our high grew and grew.  There was the parade of new arrivals…the GM, the QB, the draft picks, etc.  Yet, with every offseason headline (hangover), our high was blown and the great high, became a miserable low.  There was all of the national negative press about our beloved Albert H.  …You know Albert H; the man that the football world loves to hate. The drama that started with a huge check in the spring, then it continued with a no show at mini-camp, and the various medical issues; my favorite was the “HEADACHES”.  But in true addict fashion, who cares how bad I look? Or how bad I feel?  Or how bad I am viewed?  Besides, what have any of the Redskins haters done for me lately? If you are about to get me my next fix…where da party at??  Let’s get it on!!   I’ll party with you, you foolish Dallas fan, you! “Where?”, you say? …8pm…Sunday… Sept 12th… FedEx Field.  Whachu gots to say?   If you can’t get me my next fix, keep your silly ignorant comments to yourself!!  (I’ll deal with you Houston people next week, so get ready!!) 
 Seriously, being a Redskins fans has me acting just like a fiend.  The front office and the players can get me high, and ohh does it feel so so good.  While trying to get my bearings straight, I stumble in the euphoria or shame as appropriate.  Then, this same lover of sorts, kicks me directly in the teeth as my high wears down.  Ultimately, without missing a beat, the very next day, or sometimes, later that night, I am looking for my next fix.  All the while, I’m mouthing off with craziness like, “that’s all right, we had issues. Yeah, you won the game, but you didn’t ‘beat’ us”. Insanity!!  My rollercoaster love affair with the Redskins over the last few months went like this:
·         Off season acquisitions and hires look promising.  -Yay!!
·         Off season antics with million $$ checks & HGH arrests in the headlines.  -Aww!! 
·         The Million $$ man shows up, with a reduction in weight & looking good.  -Wow!!
·         But #92 can’t pass a basic test without collapsing, or a potty break.  -What??
·         The preseason has arrived- we get to see action (McNabb in a Skins jersey).   -Great!!
·         Oh_oo, #92 is getting too much action-…in the 4th quarter.  -Huh??
·         We had a decent preseason.  -Cool!!
·         But there was drama. -Damn!!
·         So it’s a new season.  -Let’s Go!!!
·         But there is still drama.  -Awe Hell Naw!!  
·         We’ve got Dallas… at home… to open the season.  -Hail to the Redskins!!
·         We still got #92… at home… to open the season.  -Now what?
This Diva is Done!